44 Calorie Chocolate Chip Cookies
We're "Making Food Fun Again" with this incredible recipe. 44 Calorie Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Keywords: Peanut Butter Party Protein Cookie Butter, Slow Churn Vanilla Ice Cream Whey Protein Powder
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 4 mins
- Total Time: 9 mins
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees F. Add all your dry ingredients into a bowl (except mini chocolate chips) and mix to avoid clumping.
- Add your wet ingredients and mix till you have a cookie dough like consistency. Then fold in your mini chocolate chips.
- Line your oven safe pan with parchment paper and then use your cookie dough scooper to add the cookie dough balls across the parchment paper. I have a medium size cookie scooper. Remember this dough should make 16 cookies. Leave enough room to press these dough a bit before baking!
- Add to the oven for EXACTLY 4 minutes. Once done, it might seem underbaked which is fine! Let them cool on the pan for 15 minutes or so to set. Make sure to not use a spatula or anything to take them off the parchment until they have set. If you lift them off their original spot, when they set, they will more than likely shrink more than we’d want. Once set, then it’s time to enjoy!
Key Points & Substitutions:
- It’s hard for me to even give substitutions just because of how technical this recipe is. EASY AF to make but technical for sure. Food science unfortunately doesn’t care about what ingredients we have available.
- The balance between the 3 flours is essential for this recipe so I can’t offer any suggestions. They all have their own characteristics and qualities that work together to create an amazing texture for the cookies.
- If you only have a Whey Protein and not a blend, then I can almost guarantee yours will not come out as doughy. A solely whey protein does not hold up well for baking due to how little moisture a whey without the casein can hold.
- If you want to sub out the cookie butter powder, my best alternative would be a vanilla or pb vegan protein. The vegan protein provides added density to the cookies so they do not come out with a cakey texture. The balance between the whey/casein protein and the vegan protein is super important.
- The only other alternative that might work for subbing the cookie butter powder would be a powdered pb.
- Bake time EXACTLY 4 Minutes. Also, oven temps will vary so maybe do a test with a few cookies before doing the whole batch just to give the timing right.One thing I also noticed was baking these in smaller 8-9 cookie batches actually worked better for the consistent perfect end product.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs: