Red Velvet Protein Cinnamon Rolls
"Make Food Fun Again" with these macro-friendly Red Velvet Protein Cinnamon Rolls!
Servings: 9 Rolls
Keywords: Red Velvet Protein Cookie Butter, Slow Churn Vanilla Ice Cream Vegan Protein Powder
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 23 mins
- Total Time: 43 mins
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Add all your cinnamon roll dough ingredients into your food processor and pulse till all is combined. Add to a bowl and add to fridge for 20 minutes to cool.
- While dough is cooling, make your filling/frosting by add all your ingredients into your food processor and process till you have smooth consistency. You’ll probably have to stop and scrape the sides a few times to make sure all is combined. Add to fridge to cool and thicken up.
- Now that your dough has cooled, lightly flour your rolling surface (I use an extra large one!), add your dough and then sprinkle a little bit more flour on top.
- Now roll out your dough into a rectangle about 0.5in thick.
- Add your your frosting into onto your roll cover it all. This does not have to be too thick of a layer.
- Carefully roll your cinnamon roll. I use a bread scraper to help with the rolling. They are like $6 and are a life saver for making anything with dough.
- Once your cinnamon roll is formed, slice into 9 equal size cinnamon rolls.
- Spray your 6.5 cast iron skillet with non stick cooking spray and then evenly add your rolls to it. Add to the oven for 22 minutes.
- Once done, let cool for 10 minutes. Then add your frosting on top, some homemade red velvet cake pieces and then enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs: